The first programme in our series ‘Discovering Beethoven’ will start at 9pm on Thursday 1st April. This series will run for 11 consecutive evenings, ending on 11th April with a masterclass on Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata 1 Movement.
Coach House Pianos and Yulia Chaplina pay tribute to one of the world’s greatest composers, Ludwig van Beethoven, with a new series to celebrate his 250th anniversary. Host Yulia Chaplina is joined by ten exciting guests to talk about Beethoven’s life, character and wonderful music. Every guest is an expert on Beethoven, having spent a significant part of their lives dedicated to the performance and research of his music and his life. Guests include legendary figures such as Alfred Brendel, John Suchet, Pierre-Laurent Aimard and Barry Cooper. All interviews were recorded during lockdowns in 2020.
· 1 April 9pm John Suchet: Author, Newsreader, Television Presenter, Musical Host on Classic FM (UK)
· 2 April 9pm Jessica Duchen: Writer, Presenter, Journalist
· 3 April 9pm David Waterman: Cellist, Member of The Endellion Quartet, Teacher
· 4 April 9pm Jean-Efflam Bavouzet: Concert Pianist
· 5 April 9pm Alfred Brendel: Concert Pianist, Poet, Author, Lecturer
· 6 April 9pm Pierre-Laurent Aimard: Concert Pianist
· 7 April 9pm Jonathan Biss: Concert Pianist, Writer, Teacher
· 8 April 9pm Melvyn Tan: Concert Pianist
· 9 April 9pm Marios Papadopoulos: Conductor, Founder & Music Director of Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra
· 10 April 9pm Barry Cooper: Musicologist, Composer, Organist, Beethoven Scholar, Editor of the Beethoven Compendium
· 11 April 9pm Masterclass on Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata 1 Movement with Yulia Chaplina